- Jon Bockman, Executive Director Animal Charity Evaluators
- Adriano Mannino, President, Effective Altruism Foundation
- Jacy Reese, Research Associate Animal Charity Evaluators
Time: Sunday, 05:00 PM – 06:00 PM
We will wrap up this year’s conference with a dialogue on cause prioritization in the animal movement. Drawing on insights gathered from the previous two days’ talks, three of our speakers will explore the following considerations and more:
- Cost-effectiveness and prioritization research: why is it important, what has been achieved so far, and how reliable are the results?
- Proven vs. speculative strategies: which is needed more, and what investigative tools can help us in answering this question?
- Long-term strategic effectiveness: how important is it to establish a strategy-neutral culture in the animal movement?
- Cause-specific vs. cause-neutral: could prioritization research show that other causes are more important, particularly for animal activists?